LGV Driver Training, Category C
This test is for vehicles over 7.5 tons and is the most popular LGV licence in the UK. You could consider this as an entry level for a Vocational Licence, LGV.
As this relates to many smaller vehicles it’s the most popular HGV licence in the UK. You could consider this an entry level HGV licence.
Please note the minimum age to take this licence is 18 years of age.
Here’s what’s required to take your test:
- You will need to obtain the required application pack D2 & D4 (available from CTTS free).
- Complete the required medical by getting your doctor or CTTS doctor to carry out the required medical completing the D2 form.
- You will need to complete the D4 provisional Cat C application form.
- You then need to send both the D2 & D4 along with both parts of your existing licence to DVLA Swansea
- There is NO FEE to pay and 10-15 working days later you should receive your new licence which covers you for HGV / LGV driver training and lorry driver training.
- Study for and pass the required theory test.
- Part 1 – 100 multiple choice questions (you must get 85 correct from the possible 100)
- Part 2 – Hazard perception 19 film clips from which you must correctly indicate developing hazards. In this part of the test you must achieve a score of 67 out of the available 100.
- Once you have passed the theory/hazard perception tests you can start practical driver training. You will train to the DSA test standard and take the test.
Contact us now by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 07801 369638